Lime for Soil Improvement & Subgrade Stabilization
- Wet, weak, fine grain soil can prove to be a major challenge at many construction sites. Muddy site conditions make for difficult working conditions. Access is difficult for construction vehicles. At a construction site, lost time means lost money.
- Lime quickly improves the soil condition during construction and can add long term improvements to key soil properties. Adding lime can cause three major soil improvements:
- Soil Drying – Reducing the soil moisture content
- Soil Modification – Reducing soil plasticity, aiding compaction and increasing early strength
- Lime Stabilization – Increasing long term strength and reducing swell potential